Temetwir

2.7.06

عكس

"For ever, I have witnessed the convention that a picture is worth a thousand words. And indeed, it is my sight that speaks to me as well. I read how people look at us in my silence but not yours. I have become so good at reading that over time I have come to differentiate between the vast variations of what a smile conveys. From pity, to your regular smile of trying to be nice. I see you nodding your head as if you know what I just said to myself, but I know that you do not know the difference between those smiles. I read the awkwardness I impose. It is my strength that weakens me.
Take my husband, I read the million messages he conveys to our sorroundings. Sometimes, when it is not so obvious, I let him know that it does not bother me how I am percieved. I let him know that I can block a thousand voices when I don't even hear any sounds, but it is his rambling eyes that never fail to shatter my wordy heart to pieces. I try to reason with him, my oh so dear husband, that he should not be ashamed when people smile at him motioning back to me. Many times I have seen my husband mutely scream and it is his face that deafens my heart. What burden have I dropped on your shoulders, love, that you shall suffer when I, the one in question, am at peace."

10 Comments:

  • there must be away for him to make peace with "it"
    and....captivating
    thank you

    By Blogger White Wings, at 2.7.06  

  • "It is my strength that weakens me."

    did you write that ??! this line "msakkit" ! do you mind if i quote you ????

    By Blogger Mother Courage, at 2.7.06  

  • is she dead ?

    By Blogger Mother Courage, at 2.7.06  

  • i just saw the Quotes !!! who are you quoting ??!!!

    By Blogger Mother Courage, at 2.7.06  

  • white wings,
    for the sake of them both, he must find any way to deal with "it", so very true .. only question is, what bothers him? does it insult his manhood? his unconditional love for his wife?
    and you're most welcome

    mother c,
    yes i wrote that, and please go ahead i insist :)
    no she's not dead, she is deaf.
    i am 'quoting' the wife, what she's thinking when she sees her husband react to their sorroundings while they're together

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 2.7.06  

  • "Many times I have seen my husband mutely scream and it is his face that deafens my heart. What burden have I dropped on your shoulders, love, that you shall suffer when I, the one in question, am at peace."
    "

    That's so deep...and i think it's applicable to a lot of people that arent deaf, our facial features say so much more then our words, thanks for sharing..def. a nice read

    By Blogger Faith, at 2.7.06  

  • faith,
    i like to think ur right, as cliched as it has become to say "his/her face says it all" .. its very very true imho..
    no idea how it happens, but u just know stuff by looks on faces

    laialy,
    dont bother

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 3.7.06  

  • thanks .... i think shes dead to him ... what inspired you to write this anyway ??!

    By Blogger Mother Courage, at 3.7.06  

  • i mean hes acting as if shes dead !!

    By Blogger Mother Courage, at 3.7.06  

  • mother c,
    wouldnt say shes dead to him.. but the piece can be read in two ways:
    a) there's a problem between husband/wife,
    or the opposite:
    b) husband loves wife unconditionally yet irritated by some expressions on other ppl when they see him loving his wife unconditionally..

    zinzinq8,
    thank you, pulitzer :)

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 4.7.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home