Temetwir

13.7.05

Negative Appreciation

I had a couple of car problems this week. Little did I know that once I was about to be done with one, another would start acting up all like a bitch. But now that I am at peace, I have come to an interesting conclusion. But more on that later on.


Everyone who has put up with me wana at'thamar 3al motar, you can stop saying "basee6a" and "ma 3alaih" now. Seriously, don't mention it next time. Allah laygola there is a next time. Anyway, here, this is what I am talking about.

This is a fine example for the consequences of picking on Lambos and Porsches. You basically have a little fun and get screwed afterwards. (For those who couldn't care less, el zebda ena lafeen rubber on rubber to prevent air escaping, i.e trying to maintain regulated airflow. Ayshay, nevermind.)

Meet the 'Sleeve' - no seriously, that's what it's called - I like to call it IL NABA6A:


This is the new part I got, which I'll replace the highlighted area in the first picture with. It took 10 days to be delivered, which goes to say how great Al Zayani is when it comes to cars. Bunch of morons if you ask me. Gabel la a7ad ya6mir wegool shay 3an el 10 days, what I meant was the wekala not having spare parts in the first place. Bitches.

I haven't got pictures of the other incident. But the idea is that I had two cars demanding immediate treatment than one. Which really can be a bit too much, espicially when having a whole bunch of other things on your mind.

Things like running around trying to be done with 'papers' in more than one place. Going back and forth and trying to make sense of the whole ordeal.

Things like organizing time to do all of the above, work out, check on progress of the above, pick siblings from school, being on time for appointments, and topped with "mat6awif yom bel dowaneya". All that in the record of three days.

If you're thinking I'm whining and trying to vent. Think again. Quite the opposite, I am saying that at times like these only does one appreciate life and what it has to bring. "Stop smiling, this isn't a joke".

You know how the common idea associated with the 'good life' include things like:
- a quiet environment
- sunny, but not hot/cool, but not cold weather
- money not-well-spent on perks you don't really need, but you convince yourself will enhance the quality of life
- stress free state of mind, nothing to worry about

I say to hell with that. I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy taking a lot of things for granted. Instead, my point is - you can't really appreciate something unless you really long for it to be the way you want it to be.

If you think about it, in the end you will the reach the same state of mind - that of peace and quiet and what not. Only difference is, you wouldn't really know what it's really worth until you keep on desiring it. Long shot, but why do you think people commit suicide? It's because they don't feel the excitement to reach whatever it is they look forward to. It's just "there". Sup widat?

You've probably stopped reading by now.

Anyway, what brought this to my attention was the fact that what you learn from and mostly talk about/tell stories of, isn't the exact moment of being over and done with an ordeal. It's the experiences you gathered as you took care of whatever it is you were taking care of.
I'm backing this up with the thought that whenever anyone is put in the same situation twice, he or she would know better the second time around; which is due to what I've been trying to say ever since this post started:

Things that you hate while doing, are the things that you - unknowningly - learn from and talk about later on labelling them as "experiences". Yet, no matter how many times you keep telling yourself that; as soon as you're in a situation where you can't wait to get out of, one would start to whine and ask "sh7aga bas ana ely yiseer feny chethy".

Right now, I'm thinking maybe I just said that because it's been a really stressful time and now bit by bit I'm starting to be done with what has been occupying most of my time. But truth of the matter is, I should know better.

1 Comments:

  • iatra and m
    thanks both, but u wont believe what happened the day after i wrote that ..
    lets just say i was put up to the test myself to see if i ACTUALLY meant what i wrote

    i did.. but more on that later

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 28.7.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home