Temetwir

6.11.05

Movies

Something to ease the tension from the past couple of posts.
  1. I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.
  2. There's only two syllables in this whole wide world worth hearing: pu .. ssy.
  3. The best teacher anyone can get is the University of Life.
  4. Anybody who tells you that money is the root of all evil, doesn't fucking have any.
  5. It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything.
  6. There is no spoon.
  7. You're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the family again. Ever.
  8. Don't let yourself get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in thirty seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.
  9. This whole court is out of order.
  10. I don't know about that, father. Your guy may be bigger than my guy up there, but my guy is bigger than your guy down here.
  11. I lied to you. I did fuck Alice.
  12. A man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.
  13. I don't want to talk about it because we've lost a lot of good men out there.
  14. I haven't had a fuck like that since grade school.
  15. It's not about following your heart and it's not about keeping your promises. It's about security.
  16. Please, man. Married life is easy. You only got one woman to satisfy.
  17. You're damned right it's limited. No cup holder, no back seat. Just a shiny dick with two chairs in it.
  18. You do not talk about Fight Club.
  19. It's all about bucks kid. The rest is conversation.
  20. Is my job here to make you a happy, well-adjusted gangster?
  21. I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
  22. What's so great about the truth? Try lying for a change, it's the currency of the world.
  23. Act as if.
  24. I am Jack's wasted life.
  25. Right motherfucker, now where's my money?
  26. A lot of holes in the desert; and a lot of problems buried in those holes.
  27. From now on, I want you to put an equal amount of blueberries into each muffin. An equal amount of blueberries in each muffin.
  28. How am I funny? Like a clown? What, do I amuse you? What the fuck is so funny about me. Tell me, you tell me.
  29. You ever seen one of these? Have you ever used one? Don't ever.. because, they're very VERY bad. But right now, I need you to aim it at the bad guy who's following us, and shoot him right in the head.
  30. I get paid to be suspicious when there's nothing to be suspicious about.
  31. Mad respect for not giving respect. I feel you.
  32. The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.
  33. A wiseguy is always right. Even when he's wrong, he's right.
  34. You wanna go to jail or you wanna go home?
  35. They build jails because of me.
  36. Yeah? Suck my dick bitch, I know people.
  37. My mama always says life's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonn get.
  38. So I went the white boy way of slinging crack-rock.. I became a stock broker.
  39. 1 in every 3 black males is at some point in some phase of the correctional system. Is that a coincidence or do those people have a racial commitment to crime?
  40. I'm gonna teach you a real lesson now mafakah, put yo fuckin' mouth on the curb. NOW.
  41. It was great to be Catholic and go to confession. You could start over every week.
  42. You just hate me 'cause am black.
  43. Show me the money!
  44. Freedom is never having to say you're sorry.
  45. Vanity, definitely my favourite sin.
  46. That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.
  47. You need people like me so you can point your fingers at and say that's the bad guy. You're never gonna see a bad guy like me.
  48. A simple thank you would've been nice.
  49. Explain this to me like I'm a six year old.
  50. Me? Lawyer fucked me, everybody in here is innocent. Didn't you know that?
  51. First you hate them then you get used to them. Enough time passes and you depend on them, that's institutionalized.
  52. I don't want them bribed. I want this to be legal. I want them bought.
  53. Sun-tzu: If your enemy is superior, evade him. If angry, irritate him. If equally matched, fight, and if not split and reevaluate.
  54. A player. Or nothing.
  55. When I say "This is a friend of mine", that means you're a connected guy. If I said instead, "This is a friend of ours", that would mean you a made guy. Capiche?
  56. Our rules supercede those of the outside world.
  57. Nothing personal. It's just business.
  58. How much money did you give that guy? A wiseguy never pays for his drinks.
  59. On a long enough timeline, everybody's survival rate drops to zero.
  60. Love? Overrated. Biochemically no different than eating large quantities of chocolate.

30 Comments:

  • I got 2: the first one is from Godfather, and then the 'security' thing is from "The Notebook" (I cried my eyes out in the movies when I saw it...boogers and everything) and I got Jerry Maguire's 'Show me the Moneeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!'
    :P

    By Blogger Erzulie, at 6.11.05  

  • thats 3

    and boy do u need to watch a LOT of movies

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 6.11.05  

  • Godfather, Scent of a Woman, Boiler Room, Fight Club, Matrix, Bronx Tale, Bad Boys, Wall Street, Analyze This...etc!!! :| wow.. what a collection!!

    My favorite ones are from 'Heat' and 'The Devil's Advocate'!! :D

    -Hoooya!

    By Blogger MSB, at 7.11.05  

  • hibba i saw that movie but dont remember that line heh

    msb among others.. HOOYA indeed

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 7.11.05  

  • erzulie oh about the notebook, it was realllly good i liked it .. but when did u cry?
    btw rachel mcadams is a babe

    feras LOL 7elwa - bas mo shay teth7ak wetgiss b bortagaala heh

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 7.11.05  

  • om siraj interesting, but the godfather is a mockery of our way of life.. chena sej y3ni al7en hehe

    irfs yes it is, "now say goodnight", definitely one of the most disturbing moments in film ever

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 7.11.05  

  • I didn't get to watch American History X. I was in Kuwait and I had the Showtime booklet so I knew when it was going to be on. I had just sat down to watch it when the first scene came on; I heard my older brother approaching the door mid-scene (you know what I mean) and then I scrambled for the remote control. And that was it. Oh yeah, I was with my friend in the movies when I watched The Notebook. I wasn't only crying, I was sobbing, like "Eughhhh eughhhh" yeah seriously. I was a little bit delirious because I started giggling at our own sappy state. All the girls walked out of the theater toward the restroom in silence, dabbing our still watery eyes and blowing our clogged noses.

    By Blogger Erzulie, at 7.11.05  

  • erzulie heh madri i didnt find the notebook to be 'crying material'.. v good thu

    abt american history x, yea i know which scene bs trust me ur better off not seeing what happens just after that o tet3alegain.. WATCH IT NOW, and ur probably gonna cry in it too so make sure its the last thing u do at night

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 7.11.05  

  • you forgot "are you talking to mey? aare you, talking to mey?"

    My mama always says life's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you gonn get.

    loved this line from forest gumb =}

    By Blogger Spontaneousnessity, at 7.11.05  

  • spont
    to be honest i think that scene is overrated, but the interesting thing is that it was an improv .. definitely doesnt qualify for de niro's finest moments

    forrest gump 3ajeeb, "the best thing about getting shot in the buttocks .. is the icecream" lol

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 7.11.05  

  • "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya..you killed my father, prepare to die!"

    (guess we're all movie junkies!!) :|

    By Blogger MSB, at 7.11.05  

  • msb i dont know that line :/ .. o 3ala 6ary movie junkies, marrat 3alay ayaam id watch 15 movies in 4 days

    the lengths i would go to skip my studies :)

    mcarabian heard abt it, waitin for a decent copy to dload, any good?

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 7.11.05  

  • laialy yup :)

    kuwaitana u mean the quotes? NONE?

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 8.11.05  

  • Temetwir: Like McArabian said, it's from Princess Bride! :) oooooooooooooooold movie!

    and of course, how can we forget ur own quote: "Whatever female-driven, emotion-based dilemma you're dealing with right now, you have my sympathy. But for the sake of time, and sanity; let's break this down into a little male-driven fact-based logic."

    RED EYE!! just saw it at the theatre a couple days ago o as the lines were said i got a flashback of ur site!

    By Blogger MSB, at 8.11.05  

  • msb heh gotta love that line, nice movie too.. gripping and kinda smart it escapes the cliches

    as i was saying to erzulie, rachel mcadams is a babe

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 8.11.05  

  • finally!
    something i understand ;P
    Loved it

    By Blogger Baroque, at 8.11.05  

  • cool list

    There were more memorable lines in "Closer" then the one u choose. but still loved ur list. Looking forward to reading more like it.

    Keep it up

    By Blogger Kay, at 8.11.05  

  • charisma hehe shda3wa? glad u like :)

    wicked ur right, closer had a lot of good lines which is probably becoz of the fact that it was a play.. whats ur fav from the movie?

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 8.11.05  

  • ohhh...loved the list...got me thinking....totally fun...here are some of my favourites:

    "You want the truth? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"....

    "I'M IN THE DARK HERE!"

    "Is that your gun or are you just happy to see me?"

    "It's not my fault that I'm drawn this way"

    "I love him because he makes me laugh"

    By Blogger MissCosmoKuwait, at 9.11.05  

  • Y.. Temetwir gives a good definition to the phrase "Excellent blogger" :P

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9.11.05  

  • i've heard some of those before but cant remember the name of the movie !!!

    this game sounds fun if i had a better memory ! ;-p

    By Blogger Mother Courage, at 9.11.05  

  • Temetwir - i had no idea it was a play before. will look it up.

    Some of my favs were

    * -But you did like it?
    -Yes, but i can get off.

    * Everything is a version of something else.

    * No, dont say you didnt have a choice. there is a moment. you either give in or you resist it.

    * Dont Fucking say it. Dont Fucking say i'm too good for you! cause i am.

    By Blogger Kay, at 9.11.05  

  • misscosmo a few good men is a classic.. they dont make them like that anymore do they

    anonymous thanks highly appreciated, 3ala rasi :)

    mother courage heh, id say u need to watch at least 70% of these movies (if ur into film that is)

    wicked yeah it was o if im not mistaken, clive owen was the journalist in the play!
    oh and that thing in the movie where clive owen talks about ppl who r depressives.. classic :)

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 9.11.05  

  • You got the first one right..(that was a great movie! So how about the second one?

    By Blogger MissCosmoKuwait, at 9.11.05  

  • misscosmo pacino, scent of a woman :)

    the other 3 i dont know thu

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 9.11.05  

  • I'm sorry but your post and the background... And the whole blog is all black!! I couldn't read a thing.. Except for the titles ofcourse.. which according to this post, it's untitled.. So clearly, None is CLEAR!!! =/

    By Blogger Nunu-San, at 9.11.05  

  • feras
    inshalla, its just that i have a LOT of reading to do for my essays.. althu i have some ideas for new posts i cant put them into the correct words.. to entertain ur comment 'you are the one', lets just say im literally Neo in the matrix when he's strapped to the chair and is 'feeded' all the knowledge heheh

    nunu
    refresh/reload the page .. im sure uve been here not so long ago and know what the template looks like, just refresh o inshala itll be fine :) apologies

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 9.11.05  

  • whats your glitch?

    By Blogger A3sab, at 9.11.05  

  • a3sab
    hala? what glitch

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 9.11.05  

  • "what's your glitch" from Reality Bites. early nineties movie. Wynona Rider. I love it

    By Blogger A3sab, at 11.11.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home