Temetwir

10.8.05

Changing Lives

When you have a whole life you're used to, how would it feel to wake up the next morning and find it all different? This isn't a philosophical question. And no, I don't mean you wake up being the richest man in the world, or the most beautiful woman. Nor being with the richest man, or with the most beautiful woman. Rather, the same you who is reading (writing in my case), shifting lives in a matter of 13hours.

To live daily for me means having to spend my days with Kuwaiti politics, cars, borsa, rabi3 elnady, dowaween. Don't get me started on work (a.k.a skipping work), or family. Family is a really big issue for me, I'm talking The-Godfather-Trilogy-big.

The way I see it, I'm not 'going to a new temporary life'. The way I see it, I'm 'leaving a permanent life behind'.

It's interesting because I don't have any friends, or know/heard of anyone who was put in the exact same situation before. So if you don't know what I'm talking about, you're sure to not be alone. By the way, if you thought of the word 'routine', then you are way way off.

So back to the question, how would it feel to have to change lives in 13hours? Literally.

"Never let yourself get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat coming around the corner"

7 Comments:

  • Change lives in what way? I'd like an example please :)

    By Blogger 3baid, at 11.8.05  

  • you mean leaving for further education I am presuming.
    If it is the case, then indeed big change, big time and a change that'll remain in you for life, and all the best :-)

    By Blogger Luckybellybuddha, at 11.8.05  

  • 3baid
    the things i listed im used to? i'll have none of that .. zip .. NADAAH

    make a list of ur own and cross it out man, ull know exactly what i mean ;)

    mistletoe
    yes sir thats right, im pretty excited.. nothing like a big challenge squeezed into a short time frame to accomplish

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 11.8.05  

  • very hard if ever possible.... these changes are for good... be it better or worse.
    & the worst part is if you feel like you can't blend back in.

    By Blogger Luckybellybuddha, at 11.8.05  

  • m
    sure, moving on to bigger and better things in my so-called-career.. who am i kidding, im doing it for the money.. IZ ALL BOUT DA DOW YO ..
    but as for "going back to the way it was before", 7ata bel q8 yom 3an yom im put through so much its only natural that i change whatever ideas i have when it comes to something/one.. not totally, bs y3ni altered.. so u can only imagine shlon in a totally diff "setting" and "crowd"

    u said its scary, i really dont see it that way.. it'll be interesting to see how in a different "way" ill have to carry myself on a daily basis

    mistletoe
    seems like uve been through it once already ;)

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 11.8.05  

  • indeed bud.
    & its much harder for ladies than guys to try to adjust back to loss of freedom & the comfort of not being pinholed by people etc.
    specially when it comes to personal relations & what is expected or expect :-\

    By Blogger Luckybellybuddha, at 11.8.05  

  • mistletoe
    i tend not to think about "adjusting back" because i really dont see myself as already "in"

    im not saying i condemn the ways of a number of ppl, nor do i praise the ways of the opposing party

    By Blogger Temetwir, at 11.8.05  

Post a Comment

<< Home